My Background and Experience:
Agriculture Consulting or Farm Management for diversified agriculture including: grain production, forage production and livestock, with a focus on beef cattle enterprises of all types.
All aspects of professional management background in production agriculture, agriculture business and related organizations.
- Owner, Ag. Services Inc., an Agriculture Consulting company which provides services related to business enterprise analysis and development, business plans, financial planning, staffing and marketing nationwide and internationally.
- Kentucky Real estate broker, currently licensed with Kirkpatrick & Co. in Lexington, KY.
- Cattle producer, cow/calf and stocker operations
- Trust management with Ohio Valley National Bank, properties division, 17000 ac. of farmland, grain, livestock, and property management. 1972-1974
- University of Ky. Farm research farm manager.
- Started and developed Blue Meadows Farms Inc. Kentucky, grain and livestock farm in Central Ky.
- Started, developed and managed Anderson Circle Farm (A 6800 ac. general enterprise farm) in Kentucky for 17 years which included: purebred Angus cattle, stocker operations, commercial cowherd, feedlot operations, forage and feed production, hay marketing, horticulture and other value added marketing programs. Responsible for all operations including: goal setting, enterprise selection , budgeting, financial planning, tax management, land purchases, capital construction, marketing, staffing and long term planning. The farm focused on all cattle enterprises producing with 3000 cows, 7000 stockers and feed lot operations, including contract feeding.
- Co-manager Dobbs Seed and Grain (grain elevator) Hardinsburg, Kentucky.
- Chief of Staff, Kentucky Department of Agriculture 2001-2003. Agriculture Promotions and Marketing; International Marketing in China, Mexico, Cuba; agriculture policy; consumer protections; staff management.
- Center for Rural Development, Director of Agriculture Outreach for 46 counties.
- President, Ky. Communications Inc., an internet carrier in Central Ky.
- Director, National Cattlemen’s Beef Association.
- President, Kentucky Cattlemen’s Association and on boards of numerous other community/state organizations and active in church.
- BS Agriculture Economics, University of Ky. 1972
- married 39 yrs.
I have spoken about, written for, and consulted with all aspects of agriculture for numerous companies and individuals. I understand US agriculture and, in particular, the beef business. I would like to return to management.
My Philosophy and Goals:
Land ownership is a unique experience. Whether it’s farming, investing, recreating, or just for lifestyle; the opportunities to accomplish your goals are real and worthwhile. However; the investment, time constraints, and having a clear understanding of how land ownership works is a challenge. Some things simply will not work in a given area, and the goal of any landowner is to enjoy their investment for any number of reasons.
Land ownership requires decisions to be made about what to produce, costs of operations, capital needs, establishing short and long term goals, and much more. An honest guide for decision making is a must.
I have a lifetime of professional farm and business management experience which includes: large commercial crop
and livestock operations; buying and selling many farms; and assisting others with operations plans, budgets, and any and all business decisions related to land ownership.
Acreage size does not matter, and since most farmers are part-time and new to ownership, the challenges can be difficult. Whether land ownership is an investment or the goal is peace of mind, I have helped people with ideas and to develop a clear understanding of both the good and the bad.
My goal is to help you find the right property, evaluate all options, develop a business plan and do anything possible to make your goals become a reality. Don’t risk the investment, time and personal resources without my help.